Tuesday, February 12, 2013

A Paradise I Found In Cebu




Cebu City is known to be one of the most visited tourist destination in the Philippines situated in Visayas Region. Cebu had played a big part on the Philippine history. It was a cliché (and a reality) to most of my history classes from tertiary to college education as the island in the Philippines where Portuguese National and Spanish conqueror Ferdinand Magellan pitched the first Catholic Cross of the country. Having said that, it’s a place I dreamt to step my foot into.

Luckily I have booked an early ticket seat sale promo by Cebu Pacific. It only cost me Php 1,200 for a roundtrip ticket Iloilo-Cebu-Iloilo flights. I got really fortunate because I was in Roxas City during that time. It is a city in Panay 2 hours away from Iloilo City.

While checking the web for Cebu Things To Do and Itinerary for my 4Days 2Nights Escapade, I found a really fascinating and a must visit paradise in Cebu. The Camotes Island in Consuelo, Cebu City has a virgin white sand beach where you can find peace and a truly relaxing ambiance. Take note that there are a lot of beaches that can be found in Cebu such as in the islands of Mactan, Malapascua and Bantayan to name a few but Mactan beach being the most accessible when you are in Cebu is kind of overrated for me while Bantayan and Malapascua is a bit far. Camotes Island however is just 2 hours away ferry ride from Danao Port, Cebu to Consuelo Port in Camotes. (Instructions on how to getat Camotes Island)


When we (with my mom) arrived at Consuelo Port in Camotes, we were approached by the habal-habal (motorcycle) drivers and asked us where we are headed to. The Santiago Bay Garden and Resort that we were booked was the biggest/well-known/cheapest resort in Camotes (as of my writing). Be aware that there are only a few resort/hotels in Camotes, so you have to book in advance when you are planning to go during peak season. (Accommodation’s in Camotes Island)

The habal-habal driver Kuya Edu offered us a tour in the island. He drove us to our hotel and he waited for us until 2PM for our island tour. We checked in to our room and took lunch at the resort. Food prices are very reasonable and staffs were very accommodating to us contrary to the reviews I’ve read in TripAdvisor. After lunch we take a dip in the beach water since we couldn’t afford not to with the view right in front of us. No offense to Boracay (I used to like it), but this paradise in Cebu brushed my Boracay epitome. With fine white sand like powdered milk, a clean and very clear water where you can see a colony of small fishes even in the bay side, and a not so populated, quiet, peaceful ambiance and virgin island, I definitely found a new place to spend my summer vacations. (The resort is in the beach front with the very breeze of Camotes Island)

After our short water dip, we head out of the resort for our tour. Kuya Edu introduce us the Timubo Cave, Mangodlong Rock Resort (which is a sister resort of Santiago Bay Garden and Resort) Lake Danao, Santiago Baywalk and Agoda Market. The price negotiation was settled immediately without further ado because I’ve already done my research before we got there about their actual pricing. (Transportation in Camotes) This is one of their major sources of income so please stop haggling to help them.

Lake Danao
Lake Danao

Timubo Cave


Timubo Cave is an underground cave that has a crystal clear water. While I was inside, I was like how the hell this thing happened? I’ve never been into a cave with this water as clear as the drinking water. We can’t avoid not to take a dip on the water. A lot of Koreans, Americans and fellow Filipinos were also their enjoying the water.

Fine white sand
The Mangodlong Rock Resort, a sister resort of Santiago Bay Garden and Resort is also a tourist destination with jet skies to enjoy and cottages on top of rocks. It is a must see. If you are staying in Santiago Bay resort, you don’t have to pay for the Php15 entrance fee to enter the place.


Local kid curious what the heck I'm doing. LOL!


Rock Cottage


Mangodlong Rock Resort Top View
After our stunning and unforgettable (and must be back again) experience, we get back to our hotel to take a quick rest and experience the inviting water from the pool overlooking the beach.



Please check my photoblog Illumination.

6 comments:

  1. how much is the entrance fee at santiago beach resort?is there beach for free?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi! I'm not sure if there is an entrance fee but during my visit, there's an area near the beach front where you can rent a cottage and spend the day. Please contact Kuya Edu for accuracy.

      Delete
  2. planning to go here next year .. di po ba matao ang lugar?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi maam Neca, permission to post on your site.

    My name is brian and i am a local tourguide/operator on the island. I want to post for those that would like to come to Camotes for a vacation. We have multicabs, and motorbikes and all of it are brand new. I am associated with the local municipality tourism.

    Summer is fast approaching. Soon Resorts will be fully booked, and tour operators will be very busy in catering to guests that most of the vehicles will no longer be available. If you want to spend your vacation at Camotes, we are now accepting reservations for summer!!! Call or text 09499381098 (smart), 09420617494 (sun), and 09774633300 (globe).

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi maam Neca, permission to post pl. My name is Brian and i am a loval tourguide/tour operator on the island of Camotes. I would like to post for those that would want to come and visit Camotes for a vacation. We have multicabs and motorbikes that are new. I am affilliated with the tourism department in the municipality.

    Summer is fast approaching. Soon Resorts will be fully booked, and tour operators will be very busy in catering to guests that most of the vehicles will no longer be available. If you want to spend your vacation at Camotes, we are now accepting reservations for summer!!! Call or text 09499381098 (smart), 09420617494 (sun), and 09774633300 (globe).

    ReplyDelete
  5. https://www.facebook.com/Travel-Camotes-the-lost-horizon-of-the-south-861771540577992/?ref=aymt_homepage_panel this is also my facebook page if you or the rest of the visitors would like to check more about my services in Camotes.. thank you maam Neca.

    ReplyDelete

I would appreciate if you leave me a message.