Saturday, August 2, 2014

Escape to Grand Mosque, Cotabato City

View from my Alnor Hotel room
Do you remember a moment in your life where something unwarranted is about to explode in your face and you can do nothing to stop it? Then you realize what a huge mess you've gotten yourself into but you continue anyway because the wrong felt so right at that moment? The "this-must-be-it" moment?

Because I do remember. I can still remember the joy, the fun, and the pain.

I travel to explore and discover more than what is right under my nose. But it is also my coping mechanism.

On one particular event in my not so interesting life, I find solace in Sultan Hassanal Bolkiah Masjid Mosque or popularly known as the Grand Mosque of Cotabato. It is the largest mosque in the Philippines. The construction was funded by the Sultan of Brunei.

We were in Cotabato for work that week and while working, some douche broke my heart bigtime. Since I am in Cotabato and he's in Manila I endured two days holding back all the pain I feel and the words I need to say. But on our last day in Cotabato, I ask the driver to take me and Kuya Jason to the Grand Mosque to take some footage. And when I saw it, I was like a giddy kid running and can't contain her happiness and excitement.

I forgot all the pain I felt that moment. The place was so quiet and solemn. The structure beguiled me and gave me peace. It felt like I was healed by the picturesque and some good spirit possessed me in a good way like a shaman pointed her wand and gave me tranquility.





Pupils playing during break. They are attending the class on how to read the Koran.

When we got out of the mosque there's a parade of goat outside. Then I said "wait I have to take a picture of you" they all suddenly stop and pose. Amazing isnt it? Our driver said that it must be their leader which is the biggest in front of them stopped and all of the goats followed.

I was just so happy that moment. It erased the explosion that I never saw coming and replaced with some kind of peace and quiet.

If you are curious what happened to that "this-must-be-it" guy, well we both moved on with our lives and I am in a much happier place now.

1 comment:

I would appreciate if you leave me a message.